Opinion-8 specialises in IVR telephone surveys, web surveys, SMS surveys.
The Opinion-8 platform can deliver CATI surveys and surveys via freephone numbers, mobile phones, email and the web. Participation can be increased by delivering multi-mode surveys. To see the definitive list of survey types, please visit our dedicated Opinion-8 site.
Reporting and analysis solutions
Opinion-8 offers a complete set of graphing tools enabling managers to analyse results quickly and effectively.
Find out more...
- Users can create a list of frequently used reports. These can be displayed as favourites on the user’s home page and can automatically refresh/ cycle.
- Graphic reports are easily printable and sent by email without losing their context.
- Results can be ranked by agent, allowing easy comparison for performance management.
- Filters allow analysis of results by agent ID or team.
- Our trend reporting, based on weekly samples, allows managers to monitor customer services trends which equips them with the information they need to make decisions.
IVR technology used for Opinion-8
The technology used for Opinion-8 was selected for its security, stability, scalability, reliability and its ability to support future technology advancements. Find out more...
- An open source LAMP platform provides the web application and database survey technology. The LAMP architecture was chosen primarily to address security and stability requirements but also because the architecture provides a cost effective route for expansion.
- The adoption of PHP as the main programming language and mySQL as the database allows the application and database to be entirely cross platform. However, careful development has enabled the application to be largely independent of databases.
- The open source Asterisk telecommunications platform provides the voice processing system. Asterisk’s inherent IP switching capability has allowed the Opinion-8 platform to be independent of any one telecommunications carrier, enhancing reliability, scalability and significantly reducing cost.
Opinion-8 IVR survey requirements
No specific infrastructure, software or technology is required to use Opinion-8, just standard IT equipment commonly found in every organisation’s offices. Find out more...
- A computer with Internet access is all that is needed for accessing Opinion-8′s management information portal. All reporting tools are browser-based and work in any recent browser.
- To listen to audio comments, a computer with sound card and speakers is required. The soundcard should support 8 kHz Wav files.
How an Opinion-8 telephone survey is processed
An Opinion-8 telephone survey is handled as follows: Find out more...
- The call arrives on the Opinion-8 voice server.
- The voice server makes a request to the controlling web server to run a survey, saying it has a call from a given telephone number.
- The Opinion-8 web server sends the appropriate survey to the voice server.
- The voice processing equipment in the voice server runs the survey.
- At the end of the call the voice equipment sends the survey results and any verbatim comments back to the web server.
- Calls to Opinion-8 can be transferred via the agent, automatically, or you can use call-back.
Opinion-8 is a distributed system with different components of the system running on different computers which may be in different locations. The Opinion-8 system uses the latest purpose-built hardware, providing the reliability and scalability needed for high demand telephony applications. Find out more...
The Opinion-8 telephony system was designed from the ground up as a carrier grade solution. As such Opinion-8 is now operated as a service on the PSTN as well as being deployed locally at customer sites. The Opinion-8 hosted platform has inter-connect agreements with third party carriers and is hosted securely in multiple data centres in Maidenhead and Bristol.