Open source technology for call centres
Today, more and more organisations are migrating their IT systems to Open Source to take advantage of the increasing number of high quality software solutions that are available free of charge. One such solution is Asterisk®, an open source PABX system for business which offers flexibility, functionality and features beyond that available in advanced, high-end (high-cost) proprietary systems.
Open source technology in call centres
Square Systems are experts in open source software relevant to the call centre industry, and can provide the software development and integration expertise necessary to take advantage of high quality yet free software such as Asterisk.
- Cost-effective high quality open source systems tailored to your specific requirements.
- Integration of new systems with existing infrastructure.
- Peace of mind through ongoing technical support.
Let us help you realise the benefits of open source software in your call centre. Contact us now to discuss your requirements.
Asterisk-based call centre solutions offer a large, flexible and extensible feature set on top of traditional PaBX functionality.
- Connectivity: Asterisk can interconnect with traditional telephone lines and systems as well as Voice over IP systems.
- Automatic Call Distribution: This is the key piece of Call Centre functionality, which allows fair distribution of workload across agents. It also provides the tools whereby the appropriate agent handles particular calls.
- Call Monitoring and Barge: Monitor calls silently, barge in and record calls straight onto hard drives. Recorded calls can easily be tracked back to the original call and agent.
- Interactive Voice Response: Asterisk supports the development of sophisticated IVRs that can fully integrate with existing business databases. Because the IVR capability is built into Asterisk there are no integration problems.
- Hot-Desking: Agents can log into any phones regardless of location.
- Call Conferencing: Asterisk has conferencing features normally only available with expensive, high-end telephony systems such as muted conferencing and secure conferencing.
- Sophisticated Voice Mail: Text alerts to your mobile phone and e-mail forwarding including .wav attachments containing the voice mail.
Full feature list available on the Asterisk web site.